29 weeks and 3 days

Before you read this blog know from the beginning that it is now 29 weeks and 5 days and Amelia and I are both doing great! This is just the story of our Wednesday night. I had to add this in because I just scared a sweet friend as she was reading. Sorry Paige!! :)

At 29 weeks and 3 days we admitted me into labor and delivery. I had not been feeling great pretty much since I woke up but about 3:00 it took a turn for the worse. I had terrible stomach pains and pressure that would not let up. I didn't think it was contractions because the pressure never released. After reading online to see what Braxton Hicks contractions were, I ruled that out. It was about that time that I realized I had not felt little Amelia all day. There was a coke in the fridge so I drank half, still nothing. Ben got home and we had dinner and I drank the other half, still nothing. I called the doctor to get reassurance and he told me I needed to go to the hospital and get hooked up to a monitor just to be safe. That was not the reassurance I was thinking of.

So, at 8:30 we changed out of pajamas and headed to the hospital. They had a room waiting for us along with a really fancy gown for yours truly. The nurse found Amelia's heartbeat right away (sigh of relief!) She then went through all of these checks and questions and had me hooked up in 4 or 5 different ways. Turns out I was not having contractions and Amelia is just fine. They wanted us to stay on the monitor for a while so the Hubby climbed up in the hospital bed with me and we watched Deadliest Catch. Amelia's little heartbeat was just beating along as background noise until all of a sudden there was this long beep, similar to the noise the machine makes right before they call for a crash cart on Grey's Anatomy. I think my heart stopped beating at the same time. The sweet nurse came in and in a very no big deal kind of way said "Paper jam." Seriously, are you kidding?! 1. heart monitors should be equipped to never have paper jams. 2. Can you please find a different noise to make for a paper jam other than the flat line soundtrack? I mean, what about the sexy lady on the GPS things. Can we hire her for the job to say, "Paper Jam, please repair"? That was just cruel.

Anyway, after an hour or so of cuddling in the hospital bed we came back home. I still don't know what my problem was, but we are both fine and still growing. Hopefully, we won't see the hospital for another 10 weeks or so.

Today was much better. Since the heat index is breaking 100 degrees everyday I decided to get a haircut. It's still awfully hot, but I feel better. Tonight we are taking a boat ride down to the marina for dinner. I think a jump in the lake is in order!

Comments

  1. OH. MY. GOODNESS. You have no idea of my facial expressions while reading this. I was about to hop up and call someone to find out about you. I will keep you and Miss Amelia in my prayers. I hope you do not have to go back to the hospital anytime soon! And yes someone does need to invent a new sound for the paper jams on those machines.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts