A Weekend of Independence, A Week of Dependence

Our 4th of July weekend was fun, productive and restful. We both had Friday off so we did some yard work. I love being outside in the yard so I loved it! The Hubby would rather bush hog a 100 acre field that mow a 1/2 acre yard. Regardless, we mowed, picked weeds and put out flowers and mulch. After we were done the place looked fantastic! I smiled, looked at my sweet, patient husband and said "See how great it looks? You should take pride in our yard." He responded "I take pride in you being happy", smiled and got a beer out of the fridge. What can I say to that?

Saturday was the 4th of July. We had a lazy morning then headed to my 2nd home, Publix, to buy our part of the evening grill out. Once we were fully stocked with food, beer, water and floating noodles we headed to the Newsome's dock for a day in the sun. Technically, it was Mrs. Newsome's parents, neighbor's dock but why get technical?! Everyone decided to show off their Olympic diving abilities by cannonballing off the dock. Amelia and I talked it over and decided we would stay on the lower deck and play photographer.

Here we have Mrs. Newsome. She was actually the 1st to go and it was her idea. She has also beaten the boys at golf and she could have played at Wimbledon if she didn't already have plans. I think she is a rockstar.




And Mr. Newsome. He actually just got back from fighting for our country. You know, we really shouldn't have made him do the grilling since we were celebrating what he and people like him do and have done for us in service. Sorry about that! :) I don't think the military taught him a proper cannonball, but we'll let it slide because he is master of the grill.




And the Hubby. It's doesn't matter what he does or how goofy it looks because he's so stinkin' cute.


See...


As you can see not one of them did what most would consider an actual cannonball, but they all had really good excuses so I gave them each a 10.
And, our family 4th of July Picture. Amelia loved the water! Really, she does. I don't know if there is less pressure under water or something but she bounces all over the place every time I'm in the pool or lake. I bet she's going to be a waterbug like her Mama.



Sunday we went to church, ate lunch, napped and went to a friend's house to grill out. Fun times, fun weekend!! Oh, we also had a major storm Sunday night with limbs falling out of trees and everything. We had about an hour and a half of no power and candle light. It really was nice after the storm settled and everything was all quiet and candlelit, but Monday morning I was bummed to see all the debris all over my newly manicured lawn. Oh well, it gave me something to do Monday afternoon... a fun game of pick-up sticks.
This week I learned that my body depends on sleep. In fact, when you are told you need a good 8 hours of sleep, it's true. 3 hours really does not cut it. I also learned that without sleep my body depends on coffee, coffee with a lot of sugar! I have had a horrible time staying asleep, but last night was much better. I hope it is a trend. I had my 32 week check-up today and everything looks great. I was told I can take Benadryl to help me sleep (I really should run to Publix before I try to go to bed). Amelia has also turned head down now. I am kind of bummed I can't have a 34 week ultrasound, but I'm very thankful she is behaving like she is supposed to! :)
Tomorrow I leave for a girlfriend's bachelorette party. I am very excited about 2 days with the girls in the sunshine. Also, I get to carpool with Jennifer (you saw her as a host at my most recent shower). We are so excited to have some car time to and from the party to catch-up without the interruption of kids, husbands and life. YIPPEE!!
Have a great weekend!

Comments

  1. Hi, Nicole! I didn't realize that you have a blog - I can't wait to read your posts and stay updated! I'll have to add you to the friends and family list on our blog. You are THE most beautiful pregnant lady ever. I love the photos of you guys jumping off the dock! We really need to get together soon...I'll make sure to come down and get Pais to make plans. ~Ansley :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts