Amelia spent her 3 month birthday with Grandma and Grandpa. My Mom's company has a family Christmas party every year and Mom wanted to take Amelia to show off. Did I mention I have never been invited to this party?! I mean I suppose I am here just to birth Grandbabies. ha! Just kidding :)
We celebrated our 3 month break with peaceful dinners, sleep and house cleaning. I always think that when Amelia is with her Grandparents I will stay out late with friends and enjoy the "good life". Is it bad that the "good life" is watching a movie on the couch with my husband and falling asleep at 9:00?
It's weird to say that not much has changed in the past month because it definitely has. But in some respects it hasn't. Most things are the same, just getting better. Here's the rundown:
* Amelia is 14 lbs and a little over 24 inches
* She has sounded stopped up since birth and it flares up from time to time. Her doctor said a lot of babies who do not spit-up (Amelia never does), have congestion from an internal reflux (something like that anyway). At 3 months was the 2nd flare up. It's not bad enough to treat with anything except saline drops and the nose plunger.
* She still loves baths and strolling.
* The evening fussy times are decreasing dramatically
* She goes to sleep pretty easy and sleeps from about 8:30 to 6:00 with no wake-ups in between
* She loves her mobile and floor activity mat and has started reaching for the toys above her.
* She notices things further away like the tv and the ceiling fans. Even if the fans aren't moving, they keep her attention.
*I carry her facing outward in her Baby Bjorn. She loves to look around at people and things. She is a big hit at Publix!
*She is learning facial expressions (raising eyebrows for excitement, poking the lower lip out, smiling, etc) but she can't always remember which one to use when. Sometimes she'll throw them all out one after the other and it's pretty funny.
* She smiles all the time (except for the cameras) and it absolutely melts your heart.
Amelia & Grandma at the Christmas party on her 3 month birthday