A Happy Homeade Birthday

We had a weekend long birthday celebration this weekend. I had so much fun you would have thought it was my birthday! Who are we kidding here?? Everyone knows MY birthday lasts for the entire month! Anyway, after spending 32 years on the earth and the GA/FL game attempting to ruin most of them you deserve a little something special. Luckily, it doesn't take a lot of money to make someone feel special. Just a little time and a lot of love (which is fantastic because we have WAY more time and love than money!)

Friday night my parents came to visit. We had told the birthday boy we'd just eat something at the house, but what he didn't know was his Mother-in-law was giving him a card with cash and a note that they were babysitting for us. He was so excited! We loaded up and met some friends of ours for dinner at our favorite steakhouse and had a fun time telling old stories for the umpteenth time. The kicker was after we sang happy birthday a random lady in the restaurant came by and said "You don't even look 40!" HAHAHA! Notice I said he's 32.. we hadn't even mentioned anything about an age. We all thought it was the funniest thing ever (the birthday boy wasn't as impressed).

Saturday it rained all day long. We made breakfast with my parents and spent the morning being lazy with them. They left about lunchtime and I went off to the kitchen to make a coconut birthday cake. I am not a huge fan, but my husband loves them and it was his birthday. I do have to say, it was pretty tasty.

Sunday The Comerford's bought us tickets to a play our local college was putting on, kept our daughter and had dinner ready for us when we got back! The play was Brigadoon and it was great! My boss was in it and I thoroughly enjoyed seeing him dance around in a kilt for 2 hours. HA! All joking aside, he did a fantastic job as well as the rest of the cast. When we got back to the Comerford's the clan was there and we all had dinner together.

So, while while The Hubby enjoyed his weekend celebration, so did I! Lots of great food, babysitting, alone time and family time. You really can't ask for much more.


Amelia and I worked really hard on her Daddy's present. Her little hand prints are supposed to be Red Angus cows. Daddy thought they looked more like dinosaurs!



I'm no Paula Dean but I think my cake was pretty darn good!


Happy, Happy Birthday to my most favorite person. He makes our world go 'round. Sometimes he sends me into a tailspin and then other times he knows just how to slow things down when it seems they are spinning out of control. I LOVE YOU!

Comments

Popular Posts