Shots Stink!

Today Amelia had her 2 month check-up and 3 shots. Boo! Our appointment with Dr. Karyn was great because she is always so sweet and fun. Amelia weighs 13 lbs and is 24.5 inches. It is amazing how fast they grow. She is in the 90% for height and weight and is basically a 4 month old that is 2 months old. It must be all those good groceries I provide! Maybe the Big Macs?! :)


After the check-up the fun was over and they sent us to the door marked immunizations. Now, I am fully aware that most children can not read that word but they sure as heck remember what is behind that special door each time they come for a visit. I mean, they start screaming in the chairs outside it because they know what they are doing there and what is about to happen. I'm not a doctor, but this does not seem like a very smart idea.

The nurse was really sweet but she broke my little girl's heart. It was almost a delayed reaction but she had a look of shock, then she poked that lip out and looked at her Daddy saying "How could you let this happen?!", then she wailed. And the nurse still had 2 more to go.

We made it out alive and well. Honestly, after seeing that poster of what children who don't get immunized and get the diseases look like, I was more than happy to put her through the fleeting pain. Some of that is down right gross!




Comments

  1. My kids love to see Ms. Bonnie! I think they really like the toys she has in her office though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at that sweet girl!! Love the outfit!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts