6 Months

I absolutely can not believe my little baby girl is 6 months old. Sometimes I think about it and its as if she has always been around and in other ways it seems like she just got here. No one is lying when they say Motherhood is the hardest, yet most rewarding job you will ever have. This little girl has brought a joy into our home that we would have never experienced any other way. That being said, if a parent has ever looked at you and said they have never thought "What in the hell have I done?!" they are lying to you. Or perhaps they are lying to themselves. Or maybe I am just cynical. Of course you look back .5 seconds after that thought and realize that you'd rather have this amazing child at her worst than any other petty worldly thing you can imagine. But there is no doubt that the glasses of wine, long baths and peaceful dinners were a lot more relaxing before August 21, 2009. do think the wine is a little tastier these days! :)

All of this rambling can be summed up by saying this has been the most exciting and most trying 6 months I have ever had! I look at all the accomplishments and milestones we hit day after day and I swear I squeal with excitement and cry in sadness all at the same time. At least once a day I miss baby Amelia, but I wouldn't trade this silly personality our big girl is developing for anything. Either way, it is safe to say that I am a million percent, absolutely, completely and utterly obsessed with my child. It is most definitely unhealthy to love someone like I love her. But, she is my child so I can do whatever I want, right?! :)

A lot of who she is is who she always has been and then we get a hint everyday of who she is going to be.

At 6 Months:

More of the Same:
~ Still sleeping great. 2 naps during the day from about 30 mins to 1.5 hours each. About 10 hours at night (Usually with a little 2am party for around 30 mins)
~ Still loves baths. They are getting more hectic for Mommy since around the end of February Amelia decided it would be more fun to bathe on her belly. It's a constant battle but lots of fun.
~ The mobile is still a friend but not a best friend.
~ Smiles are a constant. We have been blessed with the happiest baby I have ever seen

New Adventures:
~ First cereal on December 25th. Loved it!
~ First baby food - bananas on January 23rd. Pretty Good.. somewhere shortly after this Amelia decided she hated all food. It was a battle I decided to let her win, so we went back to milk only. (As of March 2 we have had 2 successful feedings with baby food. We'll see...)
~ Rolled over on New Years Day
~ First tooth-bottom-broke through on February 10th and the one beside it came through on February 12th. These were tough! This was the most trying time we have had so far. I suppose a lot of it was the not knowing how long the fussy would last. We made it through and those teeth are adorable!
~ Towards the middle of February she started getting up on all fours. She does not crawl but she scoots and rolls all over the place.
~ She still likes playing on her floor activity mat, but the exersaucer is new found excitement
Dislikes:
It really just depends on the day. She loves sweet potatoes one day and hates them the next. Tolerates baby food one day and hates it the next. She fights sleep a little, but it's usually not too bad. Some days are worse than others. There are really only 2 times when she just loses it and that's when she is hungry or tired.

6 Months

I honestly do not have words to describe the love I have for this little girl. She has turned my life and heart upside down in the best way imaginable.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts