Mama-Daughter Time

One of the blessings of working part time is that it gives me a lot of Mama-Daughter time. This Saturday I had a whole day of Mama-Daughter time, but I was the Daughter instead of the Mama! Amelia stayed with her Daddy and my Mama did my hair and fed me lunch. She also tried to dress me but it was not a successful shopping trip. Belks of McDonough, you need a new shopper! Saturday morning I woke up and met Mom in McDonough to have some hair therapy with our friend, Heather. My Mom and Heather's Mom have been the best of friends since we moved to Georgia. They are all part of our family here. Mom has gone to Heather many times to get her hair done. Her hair always looks fantastic so I have no idea why I waited this long to go myself. It was definitely not my last trip! I have always wanted shorter hair, but my face is so round and short hair makes it look worse. Now that I am a little over 10lbs lighter than I've been in a really long time, I thought I'd try it out. I LOVE IT!

Mom and I had a great morning spending time with Heather and left feeling pretty fabulous! Heather is getting married on the beach in May and we are so excited to go be a part of her special day. I also found out (from Heather) that my parents are renewing their vows in 2 years on the beach. It is amazing the gossip you can find out from your hairdresser! Mom swears she told me, but she did not!


Thanks Heather, your the best!


Pretty, pretty ladies (at least our hair anyway, haha)


After get got beautified we went to the downtown square in McDonough and had an awesome lunch at this local cafe. Mom had a fried green tomato sandwich that was one of the best things I've eaten in a long while. I had a tilapia roll up and sweet potato fries that was great too. While the food was really, really good, the best part was my lunch date....

... and the bloody marys
After lunch we stopped by a cute little shop, decided against buying Amelia some cowboys boots and settled for some cupcakes instead. After sitting in Saturday traffic to go in a cruddy Belks, I made by way back home.
I have great hair and had a great lunch, but the best part was spending the day with my Mom. It's so easy to get caught up in the day to day of a busy life, especially with the cutest 7 month old ever. But it's nice to slow down and enjoy a day with your Mom. It's also really, really, really nice to be taken care of for a few hours after you feel like you give, and give, and give all week. I think that's one of the many reasons Mamas are so special, they get it. Thanks Mama, I'm really not sure how I will ever repay you.

Comments

Popular Posts