Things I "Need"... like, say, a Kindle...

I am at my parents house tonight blogging from my Mom's laptop. How in the world did I get left behind in the world of technology by my Mothers?

Not only does my Mom have a super-cool laptop, but my Mother-in-Law got a Kindle for her birthday this week. I have not bought my book club book in 2 months in hopes that I would breakdown and buy a Kindle. I found a new one on Craigslist for $160.00. I was going to buy it, but my part-time conscience kicked in and said, "Hello, you do not have $160.00 for a play pretty because your 7 month old play pretty needs a car seat."

And while I think I would be a better blogger... I mean I would probably be discovered and paid big bucks to blog if I had a laptop, but it is not a necessity. Our desktop computer is probably 25 steps from any point in our house so I really don't think I can justify a laptop. But, boy this thing is nice. We did have a laptop once because the hubby's job provided it and we totally picked up someone else's internet connection in my neighborhood. I would have felt bad about it but it was when we lived in the ATL and none of our neighbors were nice anyway.

You know what else I need? A Nanny! As I sit here and blog, my sweet cheeks is passed out in Grandma's lap. It's nice to have an extra set of arms for the baby girl to rest in from time to time. Maybe my parents could just move closer. That would be a lot cheaper than hiring a Nanny.

So, if I had a laptop, a Kindle and a Nanny I would be a serial blogger, well read and more productive in general.

We really need to sale some cows...

Oh, I also need more faith.

Comments

Popular Posts