The BIG "Partay"!

First I have to say that I LOVE Urban Dictionary. Everytime I am about to use some spunky lingo or wording I do there to make sure I have the slang spelling correct.


This is how partay is defined... The other definition of party. In times of today, a party is usually associated with alcohol, drinks, drugs, sex, etc. A Partay is a party without drinks, drugs, or anything considered inappropriate for people of the age 17 and under. A partay can consist of hanging out with your friends, going mini-golfing, dancing at a dance, and much more as long as it involves having fun without doing drugs, drinking, having sex, etc.


Alrighty... so here is the scoop on Amelia's First Birthday Partay!



I did not sleep at all. I woke up about every 3 hours. The excitement of a child leaving for Disney in the morning! About 5:45 I finally got out of bed. About 6:15 Ben joined me. At 7:30 the birthday girl woke up. She and I put on the coffee while her Daddy went to Tylers, our most favorite biscuit place.

Amelia was so excited to see biscuits and gravy for her birthday breakfast

We practiced blowing out the candle

Yummy! Thanks Daddy!
Grandma putting on Amelia's birthday bloomers she had made for her.


At 3 o'clock we gathered at the best ice cream shop in town.

The Sugermeyer's are such wonderful people and they serve fantastic ice cream. Amelia has been strolling up to the ice cream shop since birth so it was only appropriate to celebrate her birthday with them. Thanks Sugermeyer's for making our day so, so special!!


Here are some of Amelia's best girl friends enjoying ice cream...






Julian enjoyed the balloons the best!



Jennifer made Amelia's cake, smash cake and cookies for party favors. Didn't she do a fantastic job?! The cake was so cute and so tasty. She also drove 2 hours to deliver the cake, be my personal party planner and celebrate with us. I could not have pulled this day off without her help. She is a baker, artist, decorator, photographer, bridesmaid and one of my very best friends! I think we'll keep her around for a few more years! :)


Our friend Heather @ http://www.annaandco.com/ made Amelia's birthday hat. It was a perfect match to her dress! I really do have some talented friends. Good thing because I am definitely not!


"Happy Birthday to you... Happy birthday dear Amelia..."


Miss Neat Thing would not "smash" her cake. We tried and tried. I suppose she didn't want to mess up her outfit!


She and her Great-Grandpa did enjoy eating one of the icing ice cream cones off the big cake.


She was a complete ham all afternoon!


If the cakes and cookies were not enough, Jennifer also made her this great picture frame to keep as a memory of her first ice cream birthday party!


Amelia with her Grands and Greats!

Did I mention Amelia was born on Ben's Grandparents 60th anniversary? They are the couple between Ben, Mom and Sonny. They love it! The gift that keeps on giving! :)


Amelia's Grandma and Grandpa gave her my rocking chair as one of her birthday gifts. It was given to me by my Gaga and Grandpa and now it is hers. She says "wock, wock"




Party is over, time to go home

Happy Birthday Sweet Girl! You have given your "Mama" and "Dada" an amazing year!

Comments

Popular Posts