17 Months

How many times must one person say how much they hate doing laundry before it just goes away?  I know my husband gets sick of me complaining, but he wear SO many clothes (work clothes, farm clothes, around the house clothes).  And he is a tall guy so they are big clothes and they fill up the machine faster.  It's just more than I can handle at this moment, so I decided to blog instead.  Take that laundry room!

Nana and I met after work for a little downtown browsing then we went to get ice cream.  I love ice cream just as much as the next person but it is so cold outside.  I needed a hot chocolate to wash it down.  By the time we got home Amelia was asleep so I put her in the bed and turned on the bath water.  Don't knock it until you try it. It was after 3pm and I couldn't break my chill so a bath was a perfect solution.  The bad part is that it all of my motivation obviously got tossed out with the bath water.

So, since I am being so unproductive I will put a little entry in for Amelia at 17 months.  You can never feel bad about writing memories of your babies!

We went to Amelia's 15 month check up (at 17 months) on Tuesday.  We found out that she is doing really well and is ahead of the curve verbally.  Apparently she should be saying between 5 to maybe 10 words and she probably says 40 or more!  Here is the run down:

*26 lbs (slimming down) and 35 1/4 inches tall.
*She talking ALL THE TIME! She has learned "yes ma'am" "Please (or in Amelia speak, peas" and "Thank you"
*She is getting kind of sassy and bossy telling you things to do like "Sing ON" (turn the radio on), "Off!", She also tried to put her feet on the dinner table for a while and we told her "no".  Now when we put our feet on the coffee table she will come across the room telling us "no, no!" and trying to move our feet.  And there is no doubt when she is hungry.  She will say "hunggy, hunggy".  If she does not get a response from you fairly quickly she will yell "EAT!!!"  I personally think that one is hilarious so I wait around on it a lot of times.
*She loves her preschool and in the mornings after I dress her she will start say "school!"
*She knows most animal sounds (cow, sheep, horse, dog, cat, chicken)
*She knows the verses of Wheels on the Bus.  You say "wheels on the bus go" and she'll say "round and round"
*She knows her eyes, ears, hair, chin, nose and mouth"
*She loves baths and brushing her teeth (good hygiene is a must around here! :) )
*She does not like getting dressed
*She has so much fun making faces at herself in the mirror saying "Amelia!"
*She has  terrible temper which makes us eat at home quite a bit.  Taking something from her that she is not supposed to have or telling her no, causes A LOT of noise from a little person
*She sleeps from about 8pm to 8am with a nap around 1:30 that lasts almost 2 hours.  She still hates to go to sleep. We put her down around 7:30 and she screams for about 30 mins.
*She loves to push toys like trucks and tractors.  But she also loves her baby. 

01/25/2011

She is such a fun little girl!  She is a lot of work and keeps us on our toes, but it is worth it.

Comments

Popular Posts