Amsterdam Cafe Date Night

Thursday morning Ben came into the bathroom while I was in the shower and said "Hey Babe" and I rolled my eyes.  "Hey Babe" is usually followed by a statement that aggravates me "Does Amelia need to eat?" "Are you almost done?"  "Why don't you make some coffee?" "I will not be home until late" etc, etc....  Honestly, none of these require eye rolling but it is what I do.  Babe and Mama are two words I waited many years to hear and they are now two words that send me over the edge a few times a week.

Thursday morning "Hey Babe" was followed by "How would you like to go on a date with me tonight?"  I almost fell out of the shower.  "HECK YES I would like to go on a date with you tonight!"  I was told to be ready at 6 and he would surprise me.  He could have taken me to the Waffle House for all I care. Just the idea of him planning it all was enough for me.

At 6:00 the surprise got even better!  We went to Amsterdam Cafe where I had my favorite Crabcake Avocado sandwich and Goat Cheese Risotto.  They also made these fresh blueberry lemonades that were incredible.  We had a perfect dinner on the patio.


Funny story is that my Mother in Law and I tried to go to Amsterdam for lunch but there was an insane wait and we had to go somewhere else.  Funny how things like that work out!

I leave at noon to go get the little girl.  It has been a relaxing week, but I miss that little stinker!

Comments

Popular Posts