Back By Popular Demand

Ok, so "popular" may be a stretch but I have had 4 people in the last few weeks ask about my blog so I am back in action.  I really do love blogging but first my computer crashed, then we moved then I became so nauseous in my first trimester that I could not even look at a computer screen.  A LOT has happened in the past 9 months since I last posted.  In an attempt to make this a short story rather than a novel I will hit the high points and maybe back track with a few other blogs.

All in one week in the the middle of June Hubs was asked to interview for a job, was offered a job and we moved in with his Grandparents.  Grandpa was not doing well at all and our lease was up on our favorite Springdale house.  We were asked to move in with G&G to help them out and for them to help us.  We thought Grandma would need help with Grandpa and Ben was about to start traveling A LOT so it was a win win for all.  We are now 9 months later and both G&G are doing good.  Actually, we are about to move out one year later this coming June, but more about that later.

 20 weeks (I was not as good at taking preggo pictures this time around)

Fall was super tough.  It's good thing I was not blogging because it probably would have been pretty negative.  2 year olds are something else!  It's a day to day battle of love them vs sell them.  Add your husband traveling for the first time in your marriage and coming home only long enough for you to do his laundry all topped off by the fact that you have 85 year old roommates.  AND lets not forget those pregnancy hormones!  We did go to one football game (tailgating while pregnant sucks!) and I decided to take Amelia to Cracker Barrel for pancakes on Halloween instead of trick-or-treating because again Ben was out of town and I was tired.  But we made it through and are better for it.

 34 Weeks and 5 Years of marriage

I suppose I should mention our anniversary since it is kind of a big deal!  We were married 5 years in December.  What a ride!  We have lived in 2 cities and 4 houses.  We have had a combined total of 6 jobs thanks to a crappy economy and made 2 babies thanks to a gracious God.  Since we could not go far away due to baby Annie we went to one of our most favorite restaurants and booked a hotel room 2 miles from our house.  That was my idea.  I did not even think that by husband lives in a hotel room half the time. He was not overly excited at first but it ended up being fun and hilarious.  These are the decisions you make when you live with your Grandparents!

Dr Bowie and I scheduled an induction for January 17th, 2012.  I went into labor with Amelia 10 days early and she was about 8 lbs.  We were right at my due date with Annie and still no contractions.  I did not want to birth a huge baby and she was hanging out on my sciatic nerve so it was time for her to come into the world.  Our sweet, sweet friend Isa came in on her day off to help deliver baby Annie.  We love her and have NO idea what we would do without her.  Isa and Dr. Bowie brought both of my girls into the world.  With such a great beginning of life, I expect big things from those girls!


We got to the hospital about 6:45am.  Isa was waiting for us and had by room set up with candies and gifts because she is amazing like that.    Dr Bowie came in and broke my water around 8 am and I got my epidural around 11:00ish. Epidurals are fantastic!  This particular epidural completely numbed my belly,my  legs and my toes and nothing in between. Good news is that contractions are terrible and I could not feel them at all.  Bad news is that delivery was not as exciting. We were just about to redo my epidural when I felt a lot of pressure and Isa checked me.  Turns out I dilated from a 5.5 to a 9.5 in about 30 mins. Delivering with total feeling in your girlie parts (why didn't I just type vagina?  Why is that such a no-no gross word?  I mean a whole lot of us have one.  It's a normal word like neck or arm, but whatever) was not as bad as I thought it would be.  In fact I almost threw up with Isa said, "So, we do not have time to redo your epidural.  We need to deliver." She left the room and was calling Dr Bowie on his cell phone and everything was really fast and crazy.  Apparently when she checked me the last time Annie was about to say hello and was coming with or without Dr. Bowie.  I pushed for about 15 mins and Annie was here!  Delivering without pain meds was not anything I would ever choose to do again, but I did it.  I am a complete wuss and it really wasn't as bad as I thought.  I mean cussing makes everything less painful right?! ha!   

 Welcome to the world Annie Elizabeth Comerford
1/17/12 1:04pm 7lbs 4oz 21inches long

Me, Isa and Annie 

Husbands are great and all, but I could not have gotten through this day without these 2 ladies.  And yes, this was right after delivery!  I have NO IDEA why I look like this.  I guess when you deliver in 15 mins, you keep your good hair day. 

 We are now a family of 4

 Amelia has loved sweet Annie ever since she found out about her.  It was a little overwhelming when she actually got here.  Everyone wanted to hold her and Amelia would cry when they did.  I mean, the girl had waited months for her little sister and she literally did not want to give her up even for a second.  It was really sweet.

 Annie was jaundice just like her sister, but a little worse.  She had to stay a little glow worm while we were in the hospital for 2 days.  Don't you love her bow?  The sweet nurses did that every day!

 
Annie's coming home outfit was so special. Grandma bought her a new dress and Nana gave us Daddy's baby blanket to wrap up in.

 Welcome to the Ponderosa Annie!

Welcome Home Big Sister!

Amelia went home with Grandma and Paw-Paw the day Annie was born and stayed until Sunday. G&G left for FL the morning after we got home. It was so great to have a few days with just me, Ben and Annie to get adjusted to home.  This was Amelia's special Big Sister gift when she came home.  Luckily she likes her sister more than the doll!  She had a rough few weeks adjusting to little sister but we are now in a good groove 8 weeks later.

Fast Forward...

Annie's first Sunday at church
 
 Daddy and his Valentines Loves

 Happy 2 Months Annie!

 I know I will eat this statement in a few years, but I LOVE having 2 girls! 
Daddy still has his cows so it's a fair trade!

Comments

Popular Posts