Fresh Georgia Peach (or whatever) Pie

I have the easiest and best pie recipe ever!  I mean seriously, it is amazing!  I do not act like I can cook, because I definitely am not very good at it.  So, when I get something right I brag like no body's business.

Our Junior Service League came out with a new cookbook the year I moved here.  I think I got the old one for a wedding gift.  Both books have great recipes, but to me the recipes in the newer one seem to be easier.  Maybe not easier but definitely less ingredients. What I have learned from the little cooking I do is that some recipes are expensive at rip!  I could take my whole family out to eat for the price of all the ingredients.

When I find a recipe that is cheap, easy and good, you can bet your bottom dollar that I'll bring it everywhere I go.  This past Sunday I made the Fresh Georgia Peach Pie for Annie's baptism lunch. This pie is amazing with fresh peaches but it is great with any fruit.  And it is SO pretty!

Yummy to your Tummy, isn't it?!

1 (8oz) package cream cheese
1 cup powdered sugar
1 graham cracker pie crust
4 to 6 sliced fresh peaches
1 (8oz carton) Cool Whip  *I actually use whipping cream because it is much better


With a mixer, beat cream cheese and sugar together until smooth.  Spread over crust. 
Spread the whipping cream over the cream cheese mixture
Top with your favorite fruit
Done!  Deliver and get praise!

The recipe actually calls for you to put the fruit on the cream cheese mixture then top with cool whip but I reverse it because it's much prettier on the table.  I guess it's kind of like wearing your bra on the outside of your shirt, but none of my bras are as pretty as these pies!

Also, notice the spatula I have out to serve them with.  Fancy, huh?  Apparently when we moved out of our last house and into the storage shed, one of my boxes was placed into the donate stack instead of the storage shed stack.  This box contained all of my kitchen utensils (mixers, spatulas, garlic press, measuring spoons, whisks, pie servers, etc.).  I have replaced some things but not all.  It gets expensive to buy all that stuff!  Half the time I don't think about it until I'm cooking or serving and need something I do not have. Oh well, I will replace it all in time.  Until then I will serve yummy pie to my family from a spatula.

Comments

Popular Posts