Nourishment

Reading through the lines you can probably tell I have been down in the dumps. I will go into more detail about that in a later blog.  I think I just have a case of the grown-up/Mama blues.  Whatever, it got the best of me.  Today a dear, dear friend drove an hour to my house to have a quick lunch with me.  To talk to me, encourage me, laugh with me and just be with me.  She also made me a wonderful gift of bread.

 
Apparently when store bought bread is made it loses a lot of its nutrients.  Along with the bread she challeneged me to get in the Word.  A simple question was asked "How are you supposed to know what The Lord is saying to you if you are not in His Word?"  She suggested to start with Proverbs since it has 31 chapters.  Start with the day.  I am about to sit down with fresh bread and read Proverbs 26.
 
 
Her visit nourished my heart and my mind.  Her bread will nourish me and my family.  I never knew what this cute 17 year old girl driving a fun black jeep would do for me years down the road.  The Lord did.  He also knows what this day will do for us years down the road.

Comments

Popular Posts