A Room for Sharing

The 3 year old has not liked sleeping since she entered this world.  She is now 3 years and 2 months and we still can not get her to sleep in her bed through the night.  Every night she cries and cries to come into our bed.  Then at around midnight, then 2am, then 5am she is standing at the side of my bed.
She is starting to get old enough to communicate with us about things.  We have determined that she is not really scared, but she "don't want to be in there all by myself".  Last night we had a conversation about this matter as she was on the couch all upset from screaming in her bed for 45 mins.  She said she would feel better if Annie was in her room so she wouldn't be all by herself.  I made her promise me that if I moved Annie's bed into her room that she would stay in there.

This is what I spent my afternoon doing.
 
Annie has been asleep in the crib since about 6:30. Sister's bedtime is in 11 mins.  Let's see if it works.  I don't really have high expectations, but it is worth a try. We wanted them to share a room eventually anyway so why not start now?  Wish us luck!

Comments

Popular Posts