Amelia the Brunette

We had a very productive day around our temporary digs and some really good naps.  Since I did 4 loads of laundry I decided to reward myself with a trip to Home Depot.  I wanted to get some paint samples and look at sink fixtures.  Also the carpet place called and said my rug had been surged and was ready for pick up.
I picked up my rug and headed with the girls to Home Depot.  I did not realize they do not sell Benjamin Moore but they were able to mix my Wood Grain Brown into to Behr paint.  When we got to the house Amelia decided she wanted to help me paint.  What harm could that be, right?! Weeeellllll..... you obviously do not know me that well if you think that is a true statement.  I am one of the clumsiest people I know.  While instructing Amelia on how to properly hold the roller in her hand so that the paint goes on even, I had the paint in my other hand.  Turns out my whole body turned with my hand and my right hand that was holding the paint tipped and chocolate brown paint went straight onto Amelia's head!  WHOOPSIE!

This picture just does not do it justice.  It's all in her bangs and down the side of her head.  All the drip spots are coming out of her hair!  Thank goodness it came off the floor!  A sad little voice said "Mommy, I don't like my hair. Please get it off"  "Ok Amelia, let me just capture the moment first."
 
I immediately (ok, well not immediately, because I obviously grabbed a camera immediately) took her into the bathroom and put her in the shower.  I knew I kept that shampoo in there for a reason!  After she was fully undressed I remembered we have the hot water turned off. Oh no! I grabbed Amelia and the shampoo and we headed for the kitchen sink for a good hair washing.
 
 
We laughed and laughed and laughed! 

Silly Mommy!

I turned the heat on full blast and carried my paint sprinkled baby home for a full bath. 
 
And this is, my friends, is the reason Comerford's hire painters!
 
When Daddy got home he said "Did y'all get into anything interesting today?"
Amelia said "Mommy painted my hair!" haha

Comments

  1. Hahahaha! She was such a great sport about it! I love that you grabbed the camera first. I would have done the same thing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts