Slowly But Surely... It is Ours!

Finally!  The farmhouse is cleaned out!  Thank goodness!  It was a lot of work, but now that everything is out I can actually imagine it as mine!  We still need to do a few minor changes and paint, but I guarantee none of it will be harder than cleaning everything out.  I suppose when you are married for 63 years, you accumulate A LOT.  I hope I find out!

Part of me wants to go buy paint and brushes right now or start moving stuff that I'm not using, but I need a break. And I still have a thousand ideas that I need to narrow down.  I did snap some pictures of my clean slate last night after Junior Service League picked up the last of the items

This is my kitchen.  There is a bay window to your left.  The sink, dishwasher, refrigerator and pantry is to the right or beside me taking the picture.  I have a gray color picked out for the kitchen.  I think it is going to be the color. A big part of me wants to do robin egg blue, but I think it is so overdone.  What do you think?  If you could paint your kitchen any color, what would it be?

This is the HUGE living room.  I'm actually standing in the dining room taking the picture.  There is an archway that separate the two rooms. I think the arch is a little odd but I've gotten tons of compliments on it.  Maybe it adds personality or maybe they are being nice...
I'm thinking of painting the living room a dark brown.  Almost chocolate.  I've read on decorating sites that dark, rich colors shrink and warm up rooms.  I need both. Thoughts??

And Molly Brown is SO glad to have us back at the house.  I found her in the car when I got out last night.  She is now a fat cat so I think farm life suits her.  She just misses us.


I still can't believe that I'm not going to be living in town and further more that I am going to be living at the farm, but I also can't believe how excited I am!

Comments

Popular Posts