What a busy Weekend!

We spent ALL weekend painting the new-old house.  My parents, who are amazing for a thousand reasons, came down to help me paint.  I had NO IDEA how much work it would be to paint 2 rooms.  I also had no idea how hard it is to cut in chocolate brown paint around white trim.  Let's be real, I'm not the world's greatest painter.

Here's a few before pictures.  Basic flat finish builders beige.  But not even quite that much color.





Here is a middle of the road picture showing the before and after adding the beadboard backsplash

Cutting in this brown trim was not the most fun thing I've ever done. 
Thank goodness Mom is a MUCH better painter than I am.
 
I stuck to painting the light gray in the kitchen.  It was much safer

Pawpaw, caulker extraordinaire!
 
Ta-Da!!
What do you think of the chocolate brown living room?  I love it!

And my kitchen is beyond amazing! The beadboard backsplash doesn't really
stand out in this picture but it looks so pretty

Annie likes to stand around and supervise.
 
While we were hard at work inside, Nana and Pa were cleaning like crazy outside.  We still have a lot to do but we got a ton done.  There is no way I could have done this without my parents!  They are more than I could ever put into words!

Comments

Popular Posts