Are we officially "In Between"?

I'm driving up 29 headed towards Athens, Georgia. Only I'm not going to Athens. There is a huge concert in Athens tonight but I am going to a small town outside of Athens to book club. I drive with mixed emotions of wanting to be at the concert but so excited to be at at bookclub.

The last time the cowboy and I went to Athens for a concert we were two of about five with black x's not on our hands meaning that we were over 21. We were there seeing one of our most favorite bands and what we thought would be a crowd our age. Not so much! Tonight will definitely be a much younger crowd although I have many friends there.

So what am I jealous of? I like the performers but not all that much. I like the girls my bookclub much better. We will have better food and better wine and beer. So I think it's the fact that I'm not sad about going to a book club over concert in Athens is what has me a little bummed. It makes me feel old. Clearly I am not old but it's moments like this that makes me think "could I be on the verge?"

I think I am not old but then think how old I thought 34-year-olds were when I was 21 or 18 for goodness sakes!

It's days like this when I realize I have two kids and I get excited about things like having enough time to shave my legs in the shower. How did I get here so quickly?

Don't get me wrong I love all I have and I'm so excited about how far I've come and all I have to look forward to, but GEES!

So, no we are not old but most definitely in between!

Also I did this whole blog post with Siri! I couldn't have done that 13 years ago! I had to edit once I stopped but Siri is finally starting to understand my southern accent!

Comments

Popular Posts