Making Hay While the Sunshines

Lots of things have been going on in Comerford-land.  Seems like a trend doesn't it?  School is out and we are busier than ever!

Things had been really stressful at work the past 4 months or so. Something had to give.  I don't mention much about working.  I've never really thought about that...  When I was 7 months pregnant with Amelia I was given the opportunity to work part-time.  It has been one of the biggest blessings for our family. I absolutely love what I do and the company I work for.  I do know it is more important to focus on raising babies right now so I guess that is why most of my blog is mainly about family stuff. Working part time is a great way for me to spend a lot of time with my family and still contribute some financially.  Plus give myself a grown-up outlet.  A few weeks ago my boss and I had a meeting and came to an agreement that works for the both of us.  Part time is what I want and need right now, but our business has really picked up.  When Amelia starts school in August I will increase my hours to follow her school schedule (she will now be going until 2:30 instead of 11:45).  Annie will stay in daycare longer, but at home she naps from noon until 2:30 or 3 so I'm not missing anything from her day either. Part of the deal was that this summer I will work until 5 to get myself caught up/ahead to hopefully make fall easier.  So, it is not a lot of extra time away from the schedule we are accustomed to, but it is a a little more cash in the bank account.  This is G-double O-D news for the fam! 

Did you know children are expensive?  Girls are over the top!  Ballet lessons, ballet outfits, dance shoes, teacher gifts, pictures, yearbooks at 3 years old, lunch dates, constantly outgrowing clothes, doctors appointments, etc.  Thankfully our parents help us A TON, but life is continuing to add up.

Disclaimer:  Moms that work full time may need to stop reading now.  If you do not, please know that I am in no way judging, criticizing or putting down your choice or lack of choice to work full time.  Also, do not judge me for being a pansy... 

Working until 5:00 everyday blows!  I'm not sure if everyone is this tired or if I've gotten used to our routine.  I worked full days Tuesday-Thursday this week and took Friday off.  I was pooped when I got home!  I should also mention that Daddy-love goes to work before the girls get up and doesn't get home until 5:30, or later if he is at the farm.  This week he was gathering hay so he's been nonexistent. For 3 days I got 2 girls dressed and out of the house, worked a full day, picked up the girls and fixed dinner and bathed us all by myself.  I do believe single parents are the strongest people on the planet! 

I will admit, I LOVE working a full day. I feel a little guilty, pretty darn guilty, about how much I like being at work all day.  It is a really nice break from the girls and it's actually fun because I'm serious when I say I love what I do.  It is nice to be back in front of clients more, to eat grown-up lunches, to run errands by myself!  All of this would be great if I had the energy to give it my all at work and still have the energy to cook dinner, clean the people and play 6 games of Candyland plus read 3 books when I get home.  I have no idea how you do it everyday!  I guess you get used to it. 
The bad thing is that we are missing some really fun play dates with me working all day.  Good news is that my awesome Mommy friends are taking Amelia for a day here and there.

Poor family planning is that the week I started working full time, the Cowboy got someone to cut and bale hay.  It is supposed to rain at some point this weekend so he had to get all the hay up.  Plus he had to tag new cows.  We have not seen him before 9 pm except for one night.  It's been a rough week.  The good thing is that he's a smart Cowboy.  I have had flowers delivered to me at work, my favorite restaurant brought in for dinner, coffee and donuts in bed and pizza delivered to the house.  It's not like he's bar-hopping, he's actually doing something good for our family, but that didn't make it any easier.  Truthfully food and flowers didn't make it any easier either, but it was encouraging and unnecessary and sweet.

Aren't they pretty?!

"Hey!  That's a lot of hay!" We will have some happy cows this winter
 
 
So, that's our summer gig.  Hopefully I will post some fun summer adventures.  If you don't hear from me, I'm just busy selling insurance and I'll be back shortly.

Comments

Popular Posts