Annie Elizabeth

{A little sheepish, but quite confident} “Mommy, you know I look prettier than you. (Momentary pause) But it’s only because you are in your pajamas.” I know you do. And it’s not just because of my pajamas. And thank you for humbling me before I’m even done with my coffee. Oh Annie, you are about my most favorite thing on earth! She doesn’t make her bed, she’s the biggest mess but she tells me she’s had the best day ever because I buy her ice cream. She hugs me and kisses my lips and tells me how much she loves me on a regular basis. She knows what’s important in life and I pray she always does! Her humor and love is 💯and I want to be more of what she is! Her words do make me nervous but she gets that honest! 


I wrote this post a few weeks back. Annie!  She's named after me and many of her great and great-great grandmothers and she has all of their personalities wrapped up into one little body. And I LOVE IT!

This morning as I was blow drying her hair and then grabbed the toothpaste for her that she couldn't quite reach she said "hehe.  It's kind of like you are my maid." Amazingly enough I had the restraint not to pop her on the head with a hairbrush! HA! It made me laugh, but I think it's because of who it came from. I could write a whole book on Annie-isms.

Sunday leaving church the girls were fighting over candy and I said "none of it is 'MINE'! Everything we have in this family we share whether we like it or not. Even me" Then Ben got all biblical and said "technically nothing we have is any of ours.  It all belongs to the Lord and He's allowing us to use it." And Annie said "Even your underwears?" To which the spiritual leader of our house said "no, probably not.  I don't think the Lord wants anything to do with my underwear!"  

I the middle of all kinds of chaos, this girl can bring so much joy.  She is by far my favorite kid in this season of life.  If you have multiple children and don't admit to having seasons of favorties, feel free to judge me or quit reading because you have agree whether you admit it outloud or not.  I have a baby that has sleep issues and a 8 year old that has homework.  In the middle I have the funniest kid with the biggest heart who is so stinking proud of herself because she just learned to read.  She is my favorite right now.

I say all of this because if you are having trouble sleeping and feel the need to reading my blog from 2012-2013ish you will see that this is also the kid that sent me straight over the edge.  It was also during her second year of life that I broke down and got a wee-bit of medicine so I didn't completely lose my mind.  And now! Look at her. I prayed and cried and cussed and prayed and cried and cussed some more and The Lord Heard My Cries!  (and my cuss and He loved me through it all! He knows I try.)

Every time I look at Will and wonder "What in the world? Why? What is wrong with this boy?"  And I pray for his health (not that I think he's not healthy, I'm just covering all bases), for him to have a sweet spirit, for him to have a calming presence that allows him to rest.  I know that the Lord will answer those prayers because He is good.  And He is faithful. And He will answer our cries in His time.  And in the meantime, in the middle of all the crazy and the waiting, He gives me precious reminder of his faithfulness and her name is Annie Elizabeth Comerford.

For still the vision awaits its appointed time; it hastens to the end - it will not lie. If it seems slow, wait for it; it will surely come; it will not delay. Habakkuk 2:3

"Of all the things the Lord could use to humble you, He gave you 3 beautiful children."


Comments

Popular Posts