He Is Risen! He is Risen Indeed!

Easter! It is my favorite holiday! Partly because it is in my most favorite time of the year.  I LOVE springtime.  I get winter blues in a pretty bad way so I welcome any signs of new life (even with all of the pollen it brings with it.)  Give me all the warm weather, allergies and all... I will suffer for your beauty and warm temperatures.

In my Bible Study we are going through a very detailed account of Acts.  We started in September and are now in chapter 26.  It's no coincidence that this week's verses included  questions like "Think about the resurrection of Jesus as if for the first time. Does resurrection seem incredible? Explain." "Read 1 Corinthians 15:20-23 and Colossians 1:18. Comment on the fact that Jesus was the first person resurrected who did not die again." "Now think about the various aspects of God's nature. Is resurrection an impossibility when one considers God's omnipotence, creative ability, justice, etc? Read Luke 18:27."

My answer to the first question was "Yes! And ridiculous!" It's ok to admit that.  When you admit that the resurrection sounds humanly impossible, you are acknowledging the power of God.  If you think about the resurrection and the story of Jesus long enough it sounds like the craziest storybook tell you've ever heard. Why?  Because nothing like it has ever happened.  But isn't that the way God always is?  How many things in your life has happened in a way that left you thinking "what in the world? How did that happen?!" God works in the impossible.  That is where He likes to show up and set up camp.

Our Easter service was titled the [Un]Expected Jesus. Also, stop now and go watch this video!  True and Better We talked about how Mary didn't realize it was Jesus speaking to her in the garden at the empty tomb. Many scholars discuss why this could have been but our pastor gave a strong assumption.... "could it have been because she was too focused on the worldly things around her to remember the things He promised?" (my words but the summary I took from his sermon) It was told that he would die and live again.  But did even the people closest to Him believe that He could really do it? Probably not. Their earthly surroundings looked pretty scary and bleak. Its a good story, but even for the God of miracles, this was a big one.  But He did!  And I hear you say, Well it's easier for their faith because they along with over 500 others actually saw Him. Ok.  But have you never seen Him?  If you are a believer (or I would bet even if you are not) you have had Jesus encounters many, many times. He showed up in big ways in my life in July 1997, February 1998, October 2014 and countless other days and moments of my life.

Here is the thing about Christianity and Jesus, either it is all real or none of it is real. How can you praise and thank God in the victories but doubt him in all of the silent Saturdays and storms. (I do it too, but let's make a pact to try not to. deal?!) I'm just guessing that the time between the crucifixion and the resurrection seemed like a really long time.  But God was still at work and He still is.  Every single aspect of my life is not amazing right now but our God still is! And that is worth celebrating every year, every day!

HE IS RISEN and summer is on it's way. It's the happiest time of the year! Not to mention the lake and swimming pools and dinner on the patio and bright clothes and swimming suits and flip flops for the next 6 months.


 
Look at these babies!  
See my instagram page for the behind the scenes video! ha!

I love these people more than I ever thought I could love anything!
I read a post Sunday from one of the most precious 
accounts I follow @hishandshisfeethisheart that said 
"We get dressed up all fancy to hide the truth of what Christ already won - our need to be rescued! It is finished!" Yes!  
The pictures and social media feeds are beautiful and funny and sometimes envious 
but never lose the truth of your need for a savior!

This boy!  He is the busiest thing I've ever seen! He stinks, he is sticky, he makes
me scream and cuss and cry but OH isn't he cute?! Sometimes I feel like we were
made to be God's own little sitcom of mishaps, drama and full on entertainment! If anyone wants to film us, we are for hire. You just have to sign a contractual agreement saying you will not call DFACS due to anything you see going on or not going on in our house! Kidding! Kind of...

Comments

Popular Posts